Nov 22, 2010

Ayutthaya historical park | Thailand


This card was sent to me by Su as a private swap! Thailand is one of my dream-destinations, so I was excited when I saw this card in my mailbox! The image is so amazing! I can't wait to visit it someday!! :)

This card is actually showing Wat Yai Chai Mongkol, which is part of Ayutthaya historical park. The park covers the ruins of the old city of Ayutthaya in Thailand, which was founded by King Ramathibodi I in 1350 and was the capital of the country until its destruction by the Burmese army in 1767. In 1969 the Fine Arts Department began with renovations of the ruins, which became more serious after it was declared a historical park in 1976. The park was declared a UNESCO World heritage site in 1991. According to "Tourism Asia," thirty-three monarchs including King Rama IV governed from Ayutthaya. [wikipedia]


As Su tells me, the stamps show different Thai World Heritage Sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment